Elder F. Michael Watson of the Seventy was warmly greeted by members of the Church as he visited the Cook Islands in January. Elder Watson presided over the Cook Islands District Conference, which was held in Rarotonga at the Arorangi Branch chapel on Jan. 8.
The following letter from the First Presidency was mailed to priesthood leaders Feb. 29, 2012, with directions that it is to be read to members during sacrament meeting.
Church leaders are asking Latter-day Saints to learn and better understand the Church's family history policies on submitting names for temple ordinances.
Eight new missions of the Church are being created in Colombia, Ghana and Mexico; in the region of Vanuatu, New Caledonia and the Solomon Islands; in Utah and in Nevada. A mission in Moscow, Russia, is being combined with neighboring missions.
- 'Willing hands'
- Missionary moments: 'Answers from God'
- Latter-day Saint tenor part of Grammy-winning opera cast
- Portland temple: Church's newest visitors' center opens
- New mission presidents
- Apostle visits Saints in the Land of the Rising Sun
- Milestones of togetherness
- 'There is no fear in the work we do,' says Pres. Packer
- Messages of inspiration from President Thomas S. Monson
- Calendar of events for March 3, 2012
- Primary: 'Every child is precious'
- New mission presidents by area for 2012
- 'All are alike unto God'
- Hungary recognizes Church
- Singer now a citizen: Alex Boye performs at naturalization
- CES devotional: Apostle gives counsel to ‘best generation’
Church News Daily Index
- Members, missionaries safe
- New temple presidents
- Sister Francis J. Monson honored during funeral services May 23
- New stake presidents
- General Authority wives express thoughts concerning Sister Monson
- Sister Frances J. Monson's legacy of love celebrated during funeral services
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of America's policy vote
- Live streaming: Frances J. Monson funeral
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still defiant behind bars
- 'Hollywood goes to Mormon country': BYU animation program featured in The New York Times