BETA

Church history

50 years ago

Newly constructed cylindrical concrete grain elevators and a warehouse were dedicated at the Deseret Mills in Kaysville, Utah, by Elder J. Reuben Clark Jr. of the First Presidency, the Oct. 25, 1950, Church News reported. The Church News article stated: "The mill and elevators, up-to-the-minute in design and equipment, fireproof, and explosion proof, now have sufficient capacity to satisfy welfare needs in the foreseeable future, Elder Henry D. Moyle of the Council of the Twelve, chairman, General Church Welfare Committee, reported."

Elder Harold B. Lee, then of the Council of the Twelve and managing director of the Church Welfare Plan, also participated in the dedication.

Sorry, no more articles available