Among the Church's most valued buildings, the Tabernacle on Temple Square is a remnant of pioneer times. Completed in 1867, it has undergone many changes over the past 137 years. Pictured on cover is Tabernacle in October 1999, its last use for general conference.
Preserving the building's historicity while providing structural strength will be the purpose of the latest renovation. See pages 4-5.
Photo by Jeffrey D. Allred